Id scanners are used in different parts around the world. Many businesses have chosen to have an id reader to identify their customers quickly and provide an effective solution. There is a lot of information that an id document like a driving license can say about someone. It reveals more than verification of your age including your Social Security Number (sometimes), address, eye color, and height. So what do id scanners actually detect and how are they used?
An identification scanner functions as follows:
• The first step is turning it one
• The id is swiped through the mag stripe reader
• Information appears on the screen
• An alarm shows if its expired or underage
• The details on the screen are compared with what is the car to confirm that the details match.
The id readers are mostly used by bar owners and police officers to check and verify the age of the id owner. If it’s a home-made id, it doesn’t scan and the owner gets arrested immediately. If the person is