Archive for January, 2017
When companies want to increase the awareness of their brand and grow its reach, they often struggle with the best way to approach marketing and advertising. Many think that the most cost effective thing to do is create an in-house advertising team to handle it. They think that, by forgoing getting help from a full-service advertising agency, they will save the business money and improve their bottom line. This is simply not true. There are a number of reasons to outsource your advertising campaigns.
- Advertising agencies have more experience. When you hire a full-service advertising agency, you do not not just get one or even a few experts, you get an experienced team of advertising professionals that can help develop and implement strategies across a number of platforms. All successful marketing and advertising campaigns employ a number of tactics to promote businesses. For example, digital marketing techniques are becoming more and more important. You will want your advertising campaign to include print and digital marketing. You agency will have experts in each of the strategies that will be used in your campaign. Unless you hire a large team, you cannot duplicate the breadth of the experience you get with a full-service advertising agency.
- You will save yourself a lot of time. There is a learning curve with starting an advertising and marketing campaign on your own. When businesses decide to do all of their advertising and marketing on their own, they end up spending a lot more time on the process than businesses who opt to hire a creative agency to handle the marketing and advertising for them. There are also a lot of details that need to be tended to while implementing an advertising campaign. All of the time a business owner spends hiring an in house advertising team and working on these plans could be better spent working on growing the business itself. By hiring a full-service marketing agency, you save yourself a lot of time and headaches. In that respect, they pay for themselves very quickly.
- Hiring a full-service marketing agency will give you more options. When you go with an agency, you are hiring advertising experts who know all of the options you have available and that would be best for your business and what you sell. There may be options out there that you are not even aware of. It is important to go with professionals who can take your brand to the next level by using innovative advertising methods and strategies.
- They can save you money on advertising. When you go with a full-service marketing agency, you are probably dealing with a company that has made a lot of ad buys before. When they call the various outlets in which you want to place advertising, they can work with the media to get a better rate for your. You are using them to leverage all of the business that they do with that media outlet. In this way, you will spend less on your advertising plan than if you took care of all of it on your own. This is another way hiring an agency can pay for itself.
- They have relationships with media. When you are looking at getting more exposure to the public, there are a few kinds of media you can get. There is the advertising you pay for and there is what is called “earned” or “free” media. This is neither, really. If you have a new product launching, you may be able to get press coverage. This is often trusted more than an ad and can be very helpful. When you hire a full-service advertising agency, they may be able to help you get this kind of coverage for your company or product. Having developed good relationships with the media outlets in your area is one way to get better news coverage of what you are doing. The ad agency can also look over what you are doing and tell you what is and is not “newsworthy.”
Developing and implementing positive and productive advertising campaigns can be time and labor consuming. Hiring a full-service advertising agency can be a cost effective way to raise your brand awareness and profits.
Your daughter was beyond thrilled!
Three weeks after Christmas she received a note in her college mailbox indicating that she had a package to pick up.
Although you never told her ahead of time that you had ordered her the boots she wanted, she quickly guessed the contents of the package when she saw that it was from her favorite store back home. Even though your husband swore that the retail price was too much to pay, you simply held out all hope that the price would drop and you would be able to make the purchase.
For once, your hope panned out. You were reading your social media feed one morning while you were watching the morning news on television, and an ad popped up on your screen. The offer looked too good to be true, but you clicked on the image, and sure enough, it was the very pair of boots that your daughter wanted. They were on sale and, better yet, they were available in your daughter’s size. With free shipping, you were actually able to get them more than 60% off. Turns out that all of those times when you were looking online at the boots, the social media marketing platform was looking at you. They had advertisers who were tracking your interests and, as a result, they sent a notification to you when the price on those boots dropped. Win for the company. More importantly though, a win for your daughter!
Search Engine Optimization Services Can Help You Reach the Customers Who Already Show an Interest in Your Products
Not all, in fact not many, customers are instinct buyers. Instead, many customers like to shop around, compare prices, and think over the purchases that they make. Unfortunately, this hesitancy can lead to missed opportunities, for both the buyer and the seller. Businesses lose out when an online customer looks at a product and does not purchase; buyers lose out when sale prices are announced and the wanted items are sold out. Social media marketing, however, works to connect the interested buyer with the products that they are looking for, as well as connect companies with potential buyers who have searched for a variety of products.
Although there may have been advertising and marketing trends that some companies ignored in the past, few companies will reach the goals they have today if they do not pay attention to the trends in today’s social media marketing world.
Consider some of these research facts about today’s SEO trends and the habits of online customers:
- 88% of consumers have read reviews to determine the quality of a local business, according to a 2015 Search Engine Journal report.
- 72% of consumers say that positive reviews make them trust a local business, according to a 2015 Search Engine Journal report.
- 50% of mobile phone owners use their phone as their primary internet source.
- 48% of people cited a website?s design as the number one factor in making a decision about the credibility of a business.
- 40% increase in revenue is the result of content marketing for many companies that have made an investment in their digital marketing.
- 12% annual growth is the expected in the budget amounts for companies in their search, display, social media, and email marketing tasks. Overall, U.S. marketers will spend more than $103 billion on by 2019, according to a Business2Community 2015 report.
It may have seemed a little bit freaky the first time you were interrupted by a product ad when you were scrolling through your social media site. The benefit, however, of finding out that your daughter’s dream pair of boots had just received a significant discount, though, makes the freaky feeling actually become quite fabulous.
Whether you are a frequent online customer benefitting from a social media marketing post or you are a company that has seen significant increase in the amount of traffic to your online ordering platform, it is difficult to deny the impact of digital marketing. We live in a world when the companies that make themselves available to their customers on a variety of digital platforms are reaping the benefit of the latest social media marketing trends. Are you one of the winners, or are you falling behind? Find out more here.