Archive for March, 2017
The world’s population is massive. Birth rates and death rates are constantly adjusting entire populaces from country to country, making it a constant effort on the behalf of scientists and anthropologists to analyze data trends and growth rates. Spatial data analysis is the field of reading and reporting demographics, helping government agencies and countless industries with hard figures. How it works, however, can be an elusive matter. Below is a comprehensive list explaining the function of spatial data analysis, the technology used to conduct it and what this means for the decades that lay ahead.
How High Is The World’s Population?
Spatial data analysis keeps track of the seemingly impossible through modern technology. The world’s population, for starters, is expected to grow by an impressive 50% in the next four decades — this is from the current six billion to nearly nine billion. This growth will affect everything from local job sectors to international industries, making geospatial analysis a prime tool for helping countries prepare for the future.
How Does Population Growth Affect The Economy?
Location intelligence software is an incredibly useful tool for a variety of reasons. Consider recent studies conducted to assess future growth over the next few decades — by 2030 every 100 workers in Europe will have to support 40 people over the age of 65, compared to an average of 25 per 100 as of now. This was published last month by Eurostat, the statistical arm of the European Union, and ongoing surveys are conducted on the regular to keep a close eye on this change. Medical care, housing and transportation are but a few of the areas of society that will be affected by this change.
How Do Population Changes Affect The Job Market?
Spatial data analysis can help with distributing jobs among an ever-increasing population. Between 2012 and 2022 the U.S. Bureau Of Labor Statistics anticipated a steady growth in jobs that required active familiarity with both GIS and location intelligence — this included geographers (at nearly 30%), cartographers (at 20%) and mapping technicians (at 14%). Of course, jobs outside of geospatial technology will be affected. Research company Gartner has suggested there will be at least four million data jobs available in the next two years. What this means for fields outside of computer science remains to be seen.
How Is Spatial Data Analysis Conducted?
There are multiple ways to analyze population density, growth and fluctuation. There are always at least 24 active GPS satellites circling the Earth at any given time, though as of today that number is closer to 30. Each GPS satellite will go around the world every 12 hours, traveling at 12,500 miles above our heads at roughly 7,000 miles per hour. Each GPS receiver can determine the current time almost instantaneously at 100 billionths of a second.
How Can Location Intelligence Help The Future?
With the population changing at a constant rate, geospatial mapping and location intelligence solutions are key for industries and governments around the world to better support everyday people. When faced with planning, collecting and reporting data, it’s more important than ever for companies to anticipate the right ratios. Google’s data experts, for example, suggested that around 15% of data capture, 20% of data report and 65% of data analysis are reasonable ratios. The year 2011 saw 12 million RFID tags sold and, by 2021, it’s estimated this number will increase to 209 billion. With the world continuing to grow, it’s important we grow with it.
When you are running a business, one of the things that you need to get right from the very outset is your business communications. This is one of the most important things that you need to get right, as your daily work would involve getting in touch and keeping in touch with your customers, your vendors and your business partners. A solid communication infrastructure is essential when it comes to running a business, and this is the reason why most businesses think long and hard before coming to a decision regarding the installation of phone systems. Business phone system installation is something that you should preferably get right the first time, and this is why a lot of careful consideration is needed before you take the plunge and make the decision. There are many types of business phone systems, and the most important thing that you need to decide is which kind to use for your business. To decide, you would be taking a look at characteristics like ease of installation, use and maintenance, cost, features and scalability and upgradability. Among the many types of business phone systems, there are pros and cons of each type, and it is up to you to decide what kind best fits your use case scenario.
Business communication solutions have come a long way in the past decade, and when it comes to commercial phone systems, there are a lot more options available today than there were a few decades ago. With the proilferation of the internet into the daily processes of most businesses, there are new opportunities that you can make use of and new features that you can integrate into your workflow. When you are trying to look at the different types of business phone systems that are currently available and looking to take your pick, there are quite a few important considerations to be made. Traditional, wired phone systems are still popular, and their functionality is beyond doubt. They, however, have quite a few drawbacks. First of all, their functionality is limited to voice calls and fax services, and there is always the problem of cable clutter in the office, as each unit needs its own wired connection to function properly. Related to this, there is also the problem that these systems take a lot of time, space and effort to set up to run efficiently. Scaling things up or extending the features of these systems is also something that can be a problem.
When looking at different types of business phone systems that you can use in your company, one technology that you can look at is VoIP business systems. Many companies offer VoIP services, and this is a great way to manage your business communications. VoIP or voice over IP is a newer technology, that uses your internet bandwidth to transmit data for your voice calls. This is a great way to accomplish your voice call needs, and there are other important advantages as well. Since this technology makes use of the internet, you do not need the cable clutter in your office. Instead, these can even operate on a wireless network that you have set up in your office. The feature set is also great, and contains many different things in addition to voice calls, including video calls, conferencing, fax, email and file and document sharing, ensuring that a lot of flexibility and functionality can be brought into your workflow and made use of. Finally, scaling things up and extending features is also not a problem, as there is no need to lay fresh cables. Finally, and perhaps the most important factor in this regard, is the ability to access the system remotely from any location or any device, as long as the user has the right credentials to access the system.
There are definitely different types of business phone systems that you can put to great use in your company, but this is one area where you need to make the right choice. This way, your business communication can flow and be productive as you intend it to, and your business can keep progressing seamlessly.
Anyone who runs or manages a business knows how problematic hiring can be. Employee retention is an issue for at least 57% of American companies. One problem stems from hiring the wrong people in the first place. As many as 22% of people will leave a new job within 45 days of being offered the position. The main reasons for this are poor work performance and problems with temperament. The U.S. Department of Labor has estimated that when the wrong person can cost an organization about 30% of that person’s earnings for the first year of employment. Because it is so important to find the right people to fill vacancies, many companies are turning to executive search consultants to help. The problem is sometimes finding the right executive search firm. Here are some tips to help you find the right human resources consultants.
- Take some time to get to know the different companies. You may want to get those positions filled as soon as possible but if you skip the step of getting to really know the executive search consultants, you will not have the best results and it may end up taking you a lot longer to find the right candidates. You also need to give them some time to get to know you and your needs so they can find the right people for you.
- Do your due diligence. When you are talking to different executive search consultants, you should understand that not all are created equal. Talk to other people in your industry and get a sense for what human resources consulting firms they have used and had success with. That can help you pick the right company for your needs.
- Make sure they understand how critical confidentiality is. When you are working with any executive search consultants keep whatever they see or hear while working with your company to hire new people stays with them. This is important for you and the candidates. Many job seekers do not want work to get out that they are looking for a new position. It is important that the executive search firm understand just how crucial this is.
- Make sure the firm you hire has a thorough interview process. The interview process is incredibly important to getting the right people for your organization. There are a number of executive search consultants who use sophisticated methods that focus on behavioral and psychometric evaluations to help weed out candidates who may not work out as well and to focus on those who will be great fits for the jobs that are open and the companies that are hiring. Make sure you are able to get all of the information you need about their process for interviewing candidates.
- Work with an executive search firm who understand the importance of relationship building. The process of interviewing with any company for any position should not be a painful one. You want all of the candidates that you talk with to walk away from the experience with good feeling about you and the search firm. While one person may not work out for an opening you have today, they may be perfect for another job that opens up at a later date. By keeping them happy with their experience, you can have access to a bigger pool of talent. When you work with executive search consultants who treat people with respect, you know they can attract better candidates.
- Make sure they get back to you in a responsible way. If you have questions, you need to be able to have them answered in a timely manner. The answers they give also need to be clean and concise. If you do not feel that you are getting answers that address your concerns, you should go with a different company. If you find that you are not getting your questions answered before you become a client, you can bet you will have trouble getting them once you have hired the firm. If you have follow up questions, you should feel comfortable asking them.
The hiring process can be a really painful one. When you work with executive search consultants, you can make it go better for everyone involved.