As you continue to work with a executive search consultant service to fill positions in your company, you find yourself wanting to remind candidates of the basics of good interviewing techniques. The job placement agency that you work with offers to provide executive search consultant services as well as help with salaried positions, but what you really want is a pool full of candidates who look like they want the job and are not just going through the motions.
In the interview, for instance, it is essential to make sure these applicants do not let your cell phone be a distraction. It is also important to make sure that you let the interviewer do most of the talking. Instead, you find yourself competing with technology and the egos of the applicants. Some of them cannot quit talking enough for you to even get all of your questions in.
Most interviews are designed to find out about whether an applicant is a good fit for the job, what are your current job skills, and a little bit about your personality. Interviewers also want to know how good you are at assessing your own weaknesses. It is important, however, to make sure that you do not talk about your character flaws. The candidates that you have seen in the last few months, however, seem to have forgotten these basics.
Executive Search Consultant Services Strive to Provide the Best Candidates
There are two basic kinds of questions in an interview. The straight forward questions that are a part of every traditional interview. The other type of interview questions that you might come across are attempting to assess behavioral qualities you have. These questions are to evaluate your past to see if you are a good candidate for the job. The important part of these questions is to make sure that you demonstrate how have succeeded in a variety of work environments and situations.
The best agencies remind candidate to keep all of the conversations positive. Highlight the good things about past jobs and past supervisors. In addition, it is also important that the candidate has some of his or her own questions ready when they come for the interview. It is also important to make sure that you let a potential employer know that you are definitely interested in the job.
Getting and Keeping the Best Employees Can be a Challenge
As many as 2.7 million workers voluntarily left their jobs at the end of June 2015. This number represented a 25% increase compared to the year 2013. As companies continue to find ways to find the most reliable and viable candidates, a growing number are looking to executive search consultant services to fill some of their top positions. It is a known fact that 86% of companies with employee recognition programs cite an increase in worker happiness, so it makes sense that companies are also searching for retention help as well.
One way that staffing companies can help their clients find and keep the best candidates is to encourage diversity. In fact, McKinsey?s research indicates that gender-diverse companies are 15% more likely to outperform their peers. Likewise, ethnically-diverse companies are 35% more likely to do the same. From the basics of good interviewing techniques to the latest trends in creating a diverse work force, staffing companies are often the solution.
Searching for jobs on an executive level can be daunting which is why utilizing executive hr search firms can take a load off this particular endeavor. Be that as it may,m remember the old adage not to take anything at face value and never underestimate finding the right executive staffing agency that will work best for you as well as with you. Human resources staffing along with executive agencies should do their utmost to find the most suitable position for your particular skill set. This isn’t always the case, out of 1,400 executives that were recently surveyed by Robert Half, 36% of felt the number one reason for failure to be hired was because of poor skills match. Followed closely by unclear performance objectives at 30% of those surveyed.
The main focus for hr recruiters is to match you on a professional level to find the most lucrative position available which is also mutually beneficial to them as they receive a percentage for orchestrating the union. Below are a few things to consider when using executive hr search firms in order to ensure you land the best opportunities.
Ask Questions: When choosing an executive placement agency you want to look at any reviews you can find for starters, this will answer most questions along the lines of customer satisfaction and approval rate. Once you have mad your selection and human resources contacts you for placement ask plenty of questions about what is expected of you in this position, whether or not it is temporary or if you will have the opportunity for permanency with the company.
Don’t Rush: You can imagine the amount of opportunity seeking individuals that need placement especially in today’s society with Millennials coming of age. Millennials are more open to changing jobs more frequently than any other generation, according to a 2016 Gallup poll 6 out of 10 were willing to switch. So don’t feel like you have to take the first offer that comes along, take the time to ensure a happy symbiotic relationship in your new role.
Competition: There is plenty of competition out there for executive hr search firms so for the most part they are going to go above and beyond to ensure their own success, which is great for the clients also. People are moving from job to job at an increasing rate, in 2015 alone 2.7 million employees left their jobs of their own volition, which is a 25% increase when compared to 2 years prior. This ensures positions are constantly becoming available for new job seekers.
Although there is no shortage of firms claiming to be number one its all relative to the individual when it comes down to it. What one firm may be able to do with one skill set may not be the next one’s forte and that’s alright. This just makes screening and questions all the more important to find the one that suits your individual needs, so feel free to get started on this next chapter in your career. Happy hunting!
For many entry to mid-level professionals, finding a job is very difficult. It?s even harder to find a position that?s on the executive side. If this is the case for you, it’s in your best professional interest to partner with an executive search firm or an executive staffing agency to help you find the job of your dreams. There are several advantages,both for you the job seeker and the employer, to use an executive placement agency when you’re looking for a higher level position. A recruiter from an executive placement agency can help spice up your resume or list of credential to help you stand out more in front of potential employers. Ultimately, this will help you land a the position much faster without having to do much of the leg work.
Let?s take a look at the top reasons why you should use a dependable executive search consultant service for you job search.
- It broadens your scope of suitable companies by narrowing down your search only to those who fit your particular needs and job requirements. Finding an executive position on your own is a very daunting task and takes a long time. The whole interview process it self can take as much as an entire month to complete. Today?s most prominent executive staffing agencies use the industry?s most sophisticated tactics to choose from a large pool of potential employers who are looking for someone with your pertinent experience and skills. In other words, the executive search consultant already has his/her foot in the door and will invite you in to meet several potential employers in a variety of locations and services.
- You?ll have way less competition b using an executive search consultant service that specializes in job placement. Since the recruiter represents you, there?s less competition out there to worry about during the application process and getting notices by potential employers. This is a great advantage if you?re looking to attain a position that is very popular in the job market and have already received several candidates. The executive placement agency may have the ability to push your application forward above all the rest in a way that highlights your qualifications and the assets you can bring to the company. This will undoubtedly increase your chances of the landing the executive position.
- With an executive talent acquisition you?ll have access to training and coaching from professionals who are experienced in recruiting for your particular field. It?s in their best interest, as well as yours, to get you hired as soon as possible. They will take the proper time needed to mold and coach you to be the best candidate by helping you build an exceptional portfolio, prepare you for potential interview questions, and navigate you through the entire interview process. Having your own professional coach at your corner is something that most candidate will not have. It will serve to be a great benefit.
- Working with a talent acquisition management service for your executive job search grants you access to a legion of open positions that would be a great fit for you. Research shows that there are a number of job positions that are no posted on any job search sites and most of these position includes executive level jobs. In order to become a potential candidate for one of these roles it?s imperative that you go through an executive placement agency. With the help of a recruiter you can get more than just your foot in the door to apply for the position.
- The best advantage to using an executive placement agency for your job search is that the services doesn?t have to cost you a thing. An executive search consultant service has absolutely no cost at all to the candidates since the hiring company is the one who is paying for the service as part of a mutual contract agreement. If you are placed in the position the recruitment firm will receive maybe a bonus or compensation for finding the right person for the job. At the end of it all you both benefit from the process.
How, exactly, does a successful business model maintain itself? It’s one thing to have all the right pieces in place — a good marketing plan, a solid budget and a bevy of resources to tap into at any given moment. It’s another thing entirely to keep these proverbial cogs moving back and forth throughout the year when it seems anything can go wrong. An issue facing many businesses big and small is the struggle of employee satisfaction and retention. Human resource staffing is a necessary component to analyze sociological trends and emotional stability in various populations, but not all businesses have asked for the assistance of outplacement companies. Will you be the one to break the pattern?
What Is Employee Retention?
The definition of employee retention is the act of maintaining a consistent workforce throughout the work year. Ongoing studies have been conducted to analyze what businesses think of employee retention and the actions they’re taking to curb the trend — nearly 60% of organizations view employee retention as a significant problem, something they put a significant amount of money and time into fixing. Over 20% of new hires will leave their jobs within 45 days of being hired, with reasons including poor performance, temperament issues and general incompatibility.
How Often Do Employees Leave Their Jobs?
Outplacement companies work day and night to analyze the rate at which employees leave their jobs, to better work toward helping business cultivate more consistent employee satisfaction and curb the trend. Nearly three million workers voluntarily left their jobs at the end of June back in 2015, a 25% increase compared to just two years prior. According to a study by Jobvite, over half of all employed workers are open to new job prospects even while they’re working part-time or full-time at a company.
How Does Diversity Help?
Diverse hiring practices are one of many important elements of a successful company and, as such, continue to be discussed at length in mainstream media outlets. Maintaining a workforce comprised of different perspectives and backgrounds will go a long way in providing the business at large with a plethora of inventive and unique methods of approaching problems. Ongoing studies by McKinsey’s research has shown gender-diverse companies are 15% more likely to outperform their male-dominated peers, while ethnically-diverse companies are a whopping 35% more likely to do the same.
What Is Employee Satisfaction?
A business is nothing without its employees. Employee satisfaction is the act of creating a positive emotional and economic environment for the workforce. A study showed over 85% of companies with employee recognition programs citing a noticeable increase in worker happiness. A lack of job security and personal fulfillment will spell disaster for any workforce, increasing the rate of sick leaves, poor performance and even termination. What does someone do with all these potential factors?
How Does Talent Acquisition Help?
If you want to reduce the rate of employee turnover and cultivate a more consistently happy workforce, you may want to consider outplacement services. The U.S. Department of Labor has estimated the average cost of a bad hiring decision equaling as much as 30% of the first year’s potential earnings, if not more. Employee turnover can reach as much as 150% of a person’s salary — on the flipside, new hires that undergo structured on-boarding programs nearly 60% more likely to be with the company for three years. If you want to cultivate a happier environment for your employees and potentially save thousands of dollars over the course of the year, look into outplacement companies to get you started on the right track.