Your daughter was beyond thrilled!
Three weeks after Christmas she received a note in her college mailbox indicating that she had a package to pick up.
Although you never told her ahead of time that you had ordered her the boots she wanted, she quickly guessed the contents of the package when she saw that it was from her favorite store back home. Even though your husband swore that the retail price was too much to pay, you simply held out all hope that the price would drop and you would be able to make the purchase.
For once, your hope panned out. You were reading your social media feed one morning while you were watching the morning news on television, and an ad popped up on your screen. The offer looked too good to be true, but you clicked on the image, and sure enough, it was the very pair of boots that your daughter wanted. They were on sale and, better yet, they were available in your daughter’s size. With free shipping, you were actually able to get them more than 60% off. Turns out that all of those times when you were looking online at the boots, the social media marketing platform was looking at you. They had advertisers who were tracking your interests and, as a result, they sent a notification to you when the price on those boots dropped. Win for the company. More importantly though, a win for your daughter!
Search Engine Optimization Services Can Help You Reach the Customers Who Already Show an Interest in Your Products
Not all, in fact not many, customers are instinct buyers. Instead, many customers like to shop around, compare prices, and think over the purchases that they make. Unfortunately, this hesitancy can lead to missed opportunities, for both the buyer and the seller. Businesses lose out when an online customer looks at a product and does not purchase; buyers lose out when sale prices are announced and the wanted items are sold out. Social media marketing, however, works to connect the interested buyer with the products that they are looking for, as well as connect companies with potential buyers who have searched for a variety of products.
Although there may have been advertising and marketing trends that some companies ignored in the past, few companies will reach the goals they have today if they do not pay attention to the trends in today’s social media marketing world.
Consider some of these research facts about today’s SEO trends and the habits of online customers:
- 88% of consumers have read reviews to determine the quality of a local business, according to a 2015 Search Engine Journal report.
- 72% of consumers say that positive reviews make them trust a local business, according to a 2015 Search Engine Journal report.
- 50% of mobile phone owners use their phone as their primary internet source.
- 48% of people cited a website?s design as the number one factor in making a decision about the credibility of a business.
- 40% increase in revenue is the result of content marketing for many companies that have made an investment in their digital marketing.
- 12% annual growth is the expected in the budget amounts for companies in their search, display, social media, and email marketing tasks. Overall, U.S. marketers will spend more than $103 billion on by 2019, according to a Business2Community 2015 report.
It may have seemed a little bit freaky the first time you were interrupted by a product ad when you were scrolling through your social media site. The benefit, however, of finding out that your daughter’s dream pair of boots had just received a significant discount, though, makes the freaky feeling actually become quite fabulous.
Whether you are a frequent online customer benefitting from a social media marketing post or you are a company that has seen significant increase in the amount of traffic to your online ordering platform, it is difficult to deny the impact of digital marketing. We live in a world when the companies that make themselves available to their customers on a variety of digital platforms are reaping the benefit of the latest social media marketing trends. Are you one of the winners, or are you falling behind? Find out more here.